Friday, February 7, 2014

New beginnings

  .              Hello fellow gamers and those others who unfortunately found their way here. My name is Dale and I am a miniatures gamer. I decided to start a blog about gaming, so if it is connected to gaming and interesting to me I plan on commenting about it. You have been warned. 

          Let’s start off with some background. I live in the Pacific Northwest, currently in Tacoma WA.  I have been playing with model and toy soldiers for as long as I can remember. I discovered organized gaming in the 90's and started a local group about 5 years ago. 

When I was still living in Olympia a bunch of us started to get together on Tuesday nights for gaming. We have moved the game north a bit and changed days to Monday. We have a Yahoo group, Olympiagaming. If you can make a game we would love you have you join us.

          I also have a wide range interests that I game (or would like to game :) ).  Some of the periods that I collect – Ancients, Napoleonics, American Civil War, WWI Biplanes WWII, Modern, and Science Fiction. The rules are as varied as the eras a few of them are, De Bellis Antiquitatis, The Sword and the Flame, Wings of Glory, Tomorrows War, Fubar, Full Thrust, and Fields of Fire. The scale of the figures varies as well- 25-28mm, 15mm, 10mm, 1/285, 1/2400, and fleet scale.

          And those are just my interests. The other members have their own interests that they bring out to play as well. Eras like English Civil War, Star Wars X Wing, WWII in 28mm, some Interwar, and even Pulp games.  We play test new rules sets, and bring back old ones that we liked.

The whole purpose is to get together with some good friends, roll some dice and have a great time.

Next time – A report on last Monday’s game of Cold War micro armor.    

2 comments:

  1. Good luck to you for this new blog, I'll come back, very interesting periods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Dale. Glad you've started. I'll try to link to my blog.

    ReplyDelete